Management have not caved in yet, and despite the fact we told them they could use the room for lectures they have relocated all room bookings.
The large banner displayed on the side of the building has attracted the attention of the public and a couple of photographers. We have released the previous press statement to as many local journalists as we can.
We have two events planned for today and have begun to publicise for them.
- The first is a teach-in at 15:00, with a Hallam Academic discussing the parallels between South Africa's apartheid state and the situation in Palestine.
- This will be followed by a screening of the film La Haine at 18:00.
We have received several messages of support, amongst them are:
- Sheffield Trade Council
- South Yorkshire UCU
- Sheffield Stop the War Coalition
- Rotheram Stop the War Coalition
- Sheffield Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- Bradford University Occupation
- SOAS Occupation
- Oxford Occupation
- Nottingham Occupation
- South Yorkshire NUJ
The Hallam occupiers x